The Mobile Companion Go is a small, wearable, and pocket-friendly device that uses GPS technology to help independent adults stay safe and connected, whether at home or on the go. With built-in fall detection and 24/7 emergency call center support, it provides enhanced peace-of-mind on the go and helps keep caregivers updated via the Aloe Care App.
- One-click SOS emergency button push via device
- Two-way speaker and microphone to connect with the Emergency Response Team
- Automatic fall detection (on/off configurable in app)
- Unlimited access to family caregiver app
Monthly subscription required; Monthly service plan includes:
- 24/7 emergency response call center support (upon activation)
- 4G cellular connection (AT&T Network coverage, where available*) and GPS location
- Customer service and technical support
- Free caregiver app to monitor their well-being remotely
*This device is dependent on AT&T network coverage to work. Where AT&T coverage is limited, you may encounter diminished device capabilities.
To get started, you simply unpack the Mobile Companion box, lay the items on a table, and follow the steps below:
- Assemble the power cord, plug, and charging station. Place the charger on a flat surface in a convenient area, such as an entryway table, or bedside table, for easy charging.
- Then, insert the plug into a nearby outlet. Ensure the cord doesn't feel loose and is inserted fully into the port on the back of the charger.
- Do not plug into an outlet controlled by a wall switch, as it could cause power interruptions.
- If your device does not begin charging, remove it from the charger and reinsert it, pressing firmly to ensure a good connection.
Once charged, the device is ready to use! Attach an accessory, such as the included lanyard, so that the Mobile Companion is close by when you need it.
CHARGE YOUR DEVICE
How do I know when to charge my device?
We recommend charging it daily for best performance. If your battery drops below a 20% charge, you will hear a chime followed by a voice prompt: "Your battery is low. Please charge soon." An alert will also be sent to caregivers via the caregiver app to let family know that the device’s battery is low. Device battery status is always available on the Mobile Companion Go Device Details screen of the Aloe Care Health mobile application. Please note: the app does not currently tell caregivers if the device is present on the charger but will display current battery life. This feature will be added in the future.
Run a Test
Run a test to familiarize yourself with your Mobile Companion and to ensure your device is working.
- Press and hold the test button until you hear the voice prompt.
- Please wait while your device connects to the test center.
- Listen to the message and, when prompted, state your name.
- After replaying your name and confirming a successful connection to the test center, the test will be complete.
Running a test will not begin a live chat with a Response Team member.
When the Mobile Companion detects a fall event, you'll hear the following:
"A fall has been detected. Press the help button to cancel."
The Mobile Companion arrives with automatic fall detect defaulted to ON. You may turn OFF fall detection in your app by tapping on the Mobile Companion in Device Management and changing its sensitivity settings by pressing ‘Fall Detection’ (pictured below). Please note: it can take up to 5 minutes for your new settings to update on this device.
TIP: Fall detection works best when worn around your neck on the provided lanyard.*
*Fall detection does not detect 100% of falls. If able, users should always push the help button when they need help. Fall events are automatically confirmed unless canceled. For best results, wear your device on the lanyard.